Monday 27 June 2016

A trip to the Baltics (Part III)

Copenhagen, Denmark
Our day in Copenhagen was pretty hectic as the two things we wanted to see were quite far away from each-other so we had lots of walking to do! We started the day with a visit to Tivoli gardens (where I of course had to ride on a Giraffe on the carousel!)
Next we walked through the town and past the colourful harbour all the way to the statue of the Little Mermaid. This was a pretty essential part of the trip for me considering my love of fairytales, there was no way I could visit Copenhagen without getting a picture of myself with the Little Mermaid!

Oslo, Norway
The day in Oslo also happened to be Jamie's birthday, so that made it that bit special!
We spent the day at the Norwegian Folk Museum (hello even more inspiration for new illustrations!) which is made up of lots of old buildings from areas around Oslo, some of which had people inside dressed in traditional costumes and doing crafts or playing music. We sailed out in the evening through the 60 mile fjord and found a quiet little spot at the front of the ship with some lovely views.

Bruges, Belgium
The final stop of the holiday was in Zeebrugge, Belgium. Me and Jamie got the train in to Bruges and spent the day exploring the picturesque town, taking a boat ride along the canals and indulging in too much chocolate, ice cream and waffles!

This was just a tiny selection of the pictures I took while we were away, there are so many more I'd love to share but I don't want to bore you all! I'll be working on several illustration projects inspired by the places we visited and things we saw, so I may share a few more images along with those when they're finished.
This was an incredible holiday from start to finish and I really hope to revisit these places again one day. If you're considering visiting this part of the world I can definitely recommend it! I had no idea what to expect of all the countries we visited but I was thrilled with what we discovered!

No comments:

Post a Comment