Friday 24 June 2016

A trip to the Baltics (Part II)


Tallinn, Estonia
Overall Tallinn had to be my favourite of all the towns we visited. With castles, towers and turrets everywhere it was like something out of a fairytale! We sat under what looked like Rapunzel's tower and were served drinks by staff dressed in medieval clothing. I met a fellow illustrator in the local market and bough a set of postcards from her inspired by Estonian fairy stories (I'll be reading the stories soon and creating my own illustrations for them too!)
I could have stayed here for much longer (and definitely hope to go back one day) soaking in all the sights and wondering around the cobbled streets! Expect to see lots of illustrations inspired by this magical place!

Stockholm, Sweden
On the morning we arrived in Stockholm I was up at 3.30am and again at 6.30am watching as we sailed past lots of little islands. The city itself was just as lovely, with beautiful buildings and brightly coloured skylines. There were a few things we didn't get to do here as we were a little short on time, so we hope to go back one day soon.

I'll be back next week with the final instalment of pictures from the trip, including The Little Mermaid in Copenhagen and the pretty streets of Bruges.

No comments:

Post a Comment