Monday 8 September 2014

Life: New Studio Space

I've been absent for the last couple of weeks whilst I moved home and got everything all sorted out. We' been staying with my family for a few weeks whilst we looked for a place nearer to London for Jamie to get to work, we struggled to find somewhere to begin with, but two weeks ago we moved into a lovely little maisonette in Dartford. We worked really hard over the bank holiday weekend and within 4 day everything was unpacked and organised!

Within our new home, I've been lucky enough to have a new little studio space in our living room.
I spent a day organising all my art supplies, creating an inspiration wall and filling shelves with pretty things. My new space is now bright and colourful and full of inspiration, with everything need in easy reach. Here's a few snaps of the finished area:

Emma Margaret Illustration Studio

Emma Margaret Illustration Studio

Emma Margaret Illustration Studio

Emma Margaret Illustration Studio

Emma Margaret Illustration Studio

Emma Margaret Illustration Studio

Emma Margaret Illustration Studio

Emma Margaret Illustration Studio

Emma Margaret Illustration Studio

Emma Margaret Illustration Studio

I decided to create the inspiration wall using wire and pegs rather than blue-tack or pins, so that this way I can change the pictures around whenever I like without causing any more damage to the wall.
The little animals were something I made last year with some plastic animals and a can of white spray paint. In our old place I had them dotted around the various rooms, but this time most of them are in a little row along my desk windowsill. 
A few old favourites are still up on the walls, such as my meerkat painting, the wooden typo postcards my owl illustration, along with some new things such as the bird garland around the window, and some of the pages from the "Today is going to be a great day" calendar.

And here's a few snaps of the other rooms:


Now that I'm all settled in (and finally have the internet installed) I'm hoping to be back to blogging a little more often, and creating lots of new work. My first task however is to get the shop back up and running! I have some new products arriving tomorrow so I'm hoping to have it all done by the end of the week. Look out for new products and huge discounts on old products too!


No comments:

Post a Comment