Friday 20 June 2014

The Exhibition

So after months of hard work and lots of worrying, my final major project at uni is completely over, and last week we all got together for the exhibition.
We spent a few days building and painting walls and turning the studios in a gallery space, and then got on with putting the work up. Myself, Hannah and Selina had a few issues along the way with hanging everything up (note: magnets don't work, and always buy the strongest velcro you can find!) but in the end it all looked great and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

I had my book on display on a slanted shelf so it was easy for people the flick through, and on the wall were a selection of prints. There was one for each story included in the book, and an illustrated map of the world I created for it, as well as a couple of typography pieces. On a smaller shelf I displayed a few of the paper dolls that I made (which will be added to the shop soon!) and a little holder for my business cards!

On the night of the exhibition, the studios were packed with people, and I got a few lovely comments form some of my tutors. It was pretty hot in there so we didn't take many pictures on the night, but we had to go back in the following week to invigilate the show when it was open to the public, so we took some more then. Here a few of my favourites:

Emma Margaret Illustration

Emma Margaret Illustration

Emma Margaret Illustration

Emma Margaret Illustration

Emma Margaret Illustration

To see more images of the work itself, head to my website and look in the gallery.

And finally here's a show of me, Selina and Hannah in front of the paper bags we illustrated for the group photo (mine is the deer that you can just about see on the left hand side):


The three of us have just started up a little illustration collective, and I'll be sharing more on that very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment